IATSE514 – News

How to Register for the Canada Emergency Response Benefit

Dear member,

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau confirmed today that you will be able to apply for the Canada Emergency Response Benefit as early as Monday, April 6. Assistance will be sent online within 3 to 5 days and by mail within 10 days. If you have already applied for EI, you do not have to reapply on April 6.

Those who file their taxes on the Internet and already have a file with the Canada Revenue Agency do not need to create a new one.

Make your request as soon as possible because if you are not registered online at the Canada Revenue Agency site, it may take a few days before you receive your code.

Remember that the benefit is available to self-employed workers as well as contract workers or employees. The applicant must have lost his or her job or no longer have any income as a result of COVID-19. The parent who must stay home with the children because of the coronavirus pandemic can also apply.

Here is the step-by-step process.

1. Go to canada.ca

To create a file with the CRA, you must first go to the federal government site.

Choose your preferred language.

2. Click on Income tax

Slightly scroll down the page and you will find the option “Income tax”.

3. Click on My Account

On the right side of the screen, in the “Most requested” column, click on the first option: “My Account”.

4. Sign in

Two connection options are available.

Option 1 offers a connection with a partner, either from a financial institution’s online account. To choose this option, you must already be using a financial institution’s online services.

Option 2 offers you the option of logging in from an account created directly with the CRA. To create your account, click on “CRA register”.

Once you have your code, go to canada.ca/pcu-coronavirus. You will then be able to register according to your date of birth.

April 6 will be reserved for those born in January, February and March. On April 7, it will be the turn of those born in April, May and June. On April 8, Canadians born in July, August or September will be able to register. On April 9, those born in October, November and December will have access.

If you have any questions about creating a file at the Canada Revenue Agency, contact CRA officers directly by telephone or by consulting the Frequently Asked Questions available on their Web site.

With solidarity,
The IATSE 514 team

Articles reliés

Dear member, As part of Mental Illness Awareness Week, Morneau…
The CERB has been completed since September 27. Most providers…
Dear member, We have to make the difficult decision to…
Back to top