IATSE514 – News

Alternatives to CERB

The CERB has been completed since September 27. Most providers are moving to Employment Insurance (EI). If you don’t qualify for EI, here are the alternatives available to you: CRB, CRSB and CRCB. A brief summary.

Employment Insurance
EI was temporarily modified to allow eligibility after only 120 hours worked, regardless of the unemployment rate in the region.

If your CERB application has been processed by the Canada Revenue Agency, you must reapply to Service Canada to receive EI.

The Canadian Recovery Benefit will provide $500 per week for up to 26 weeks, to workers who are self-employed or are not eligible for Employment Insurance (EI) and who still require income support. Applications will be open on October 12.

The Canada Recovery Sickness Benefit will provide $500 per week for up to two weeks, for workers who cannot work because they are sick or must self-isolate for reasons related to COVID-19.

The Canadian Recovery Caregiving Benefit will provide $500 per week, for up to 26 weeks per household to eligible workers who cannot work because they must provide care to children or family members due to the closure of schools, day cares or care facilities.

For more information on eligibility criteria please visit the website: https://bit.ly/3n3PeZp or contact Service Canada at 1-800-808-6352, Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Press 0 to speak with an agent.

Articles reliés

Dear member, As part of Mental Illness Awareness Week, Morneau…
Dear member, We have to make the difficult decision to…
Dear member, The back-to-school transition is always an important one…
Back to top